A project with a three-tier approach that
- (a) promotes cross-sectoral and cross-border collaborations between youth practitioners and green sector organisations for enhancing green skills among youth,
- (b) empowers NEETs and young women by upskilling and re-skilling them in green sector areas namely, Forest-based care, Waste Reduction, Social agriculture, Energy supply, Urban green care, Eco-tourism, Green Entrepreneurship and
- c) implements a participatory action research methodology to apply co-creation in the design and development of the project activities. Fully aligned with the EU Youth Strategy 2019-2027, partners are motivated to eliminate obstacles and implement support measures to young people with fewer opportunities fully equipping them for transition to the green economy.
- Project Management
- YOUTHECO TRAINING PACKAGE AND IMPLEMENTATIONS
- ONLINE YOUTHECO HUB
- KNOWLEDGE ACCELERATION VIA WORK-SHADOWING PLACEMENTS AND CO-CREATED POLICY
- DISSEMINATION & COMMUNICATION
Upskilling and/or reskilling NEETs and women by equipping them with the skills needed for the growing green economy providing new career paths that are in high demand both now and in the future through training in green sector areas namely, Forest-based care, Waste Reduction, Social agriculture, Energy supply, Urban green care, Eco-tourism, Green Entrepreneurship
Provide to NEETs and young women the education, practical experience and connections with relevant stakeholders to step out of unemployment and jumpstart their career path in the green sector through training materials and digitalised resources, as well as work-shadowing placements, and networking roundtables
Increase cross sectoral and transnational cooperation to promote the social and economic inclusion of disadvantaged NEETs among organisations and practitioners active in the field of youth employment.
O4: Adopt participatory action research methodology to apply co-creation in the design and development of the project activities through a User-Scrutiny panel consisting of 30 youth practitioners, green sector professionals, NEETs and women The concrete results of the project are:
(a) A Training package available in 6 languages (EN, DE, GR, MT, SL, PL) comprising of a Training Course for youth workers and educators, including 7 modules (i.e.Forest-based care, Waste Reduction, Social agriculture, Energy supply, Urban green care, Eco-tourism, Green Entrepreneurship)
(b) An Open Resource e-Toolbox for NEETs and women comprised of 60 resources and based on the Greencomp framework, building knowledge on the 7 key green sectors of the Training package
(c) Capacity building with 72 youth practitioners and implementation workshops with 180 NEETs and young women.
(d) Online YOUTHECO Hub, featuring a Green sector eDatabase comprising 30 green sector organisations/companies and 30 NEETs for work shadowing placements
(e) Dialogue virtual roundtables involving 40 green sector professionals, policy-makers, educators, youth workers, NEETs and women for the co-creation of a Policy and Practice Recommendations Guide.
(f) Five local awareness-raising events, and one social media campaign aiming to reach more than 250,000 people through a strategic coordinated dissemination sustainability and exploitation plan YOUTHECO address the priorities selected in multiple ways:
(1) it strengthens employability of NEETs and young women to re-enter the labour market and sustain employability in the green sector;
(2) the green sectorial skills and methodologies that will be developed address the horizontal priority on environmental change;
(3) the project objectives gear towards youth work innovation and quality as they entail green entrepreneurship learning and development of technical, behavioural, and experiential skills for NEETs and women to thrive in green sector jobs.